sábado, 30 de marzo de 2019

Plan an audio project and welcome your students

Hello everyone!


Today I would like to share with you a new CLIL project that I planned. This project, called Superheroes, is a PE project for 2nd Primary. Through different superheroes, we will work the four physical abilities and one of the basic skills with students of 7-8 years. This proposal is different because it offers to children the opportunity to learn and practise sport in a contextualized environment. This fact will help them to achieve more significant learning.
You can see the whole programming below. I used Google Docs to write it down and to share it, and Creative Commons to add a licence to it.



To present this new project to my students I decided to create a podcast. In this podcast, I welcomed them to the new project and I explained briefly what it is about. This way of share with them the project is a good idea because I created a collaborative playlist where they can upload their comments and opinions about it. Moreover, is a different way to present them the new topic.

To create this podcast I just recorded on my mobile phone the message that I want to share with my students, and then I downloaded it on my computer. Once I had my audio I added an intro and an outro to it using a free jingle song from Youtube called Payday. After I found a free licence song, I downloaded it with Online Video Converter, a useful tool to download videos or songs from Youtube. After that, I used Audio Trimmer to cut and select the parts that I needed from the song. Finally, I joined the intro, the podcast and the outro using Merge Audio

All the apps that I used are free and really easy to use. Besides, they are online so you do not need to download them into your computer. They offer a lot of options to download, cut or join audios or videos. Actually, with Merge Audio you can also cut parts from audios, so if I had found it before I wouldn't probably use Audio Trimmer for shortening the process. 

After I did all this process I logged in on Sound Cloud to upload and share my podcast. Firstly, before I could share it, I had to create an audio channel to upload audios. Secondly, I created a public playlist so my students and I can share our audios. Thirdly, I upload my Superheroes podcast and I chose its licence. 

I think Sound Cloud is a good online platform for audio distribution. It allows you to upload audios, promote and share them for free. In addition, you can categorize your audios and organize them into playlists. It is a good tool to use it in your lessons if you want to create a collaborative playlist with your students to share their projects, opinions or tasks. As well as that, it is a safe website for them to use.

Here you can see... 
My audio channel



My playlist



My podcast


I hope you enjoy my welcome podcast and you like my project about Superheroes.

See you soon!


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario